Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MCC Homemade Brand ice cream

(Picture from UDF)

HOMEMADE BRAND ICE CREAM! I have been an enthusiast for years on end. My first memory of this monumental brand was at the the local United Dairy Farmers (UDF). My sisters and I would ride our bikes with my dad to get a scoop (who am I kidding... at least 2 scoops) of Homemade Brand ice cream. Delish!

Flavors of note:
1. Mint Chocolate Chip (MCC)- Hands down the best kind of ice cream ever invented! Homemade Brand's creation of this AMAZING flavor is top notch. I have yet to find a better MCC in production.

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Trip C D, pronounced "TripSeaDee" --thanks Tsunami for the catch haha)- My second favorite Homemade Brand flavor! Some cookie dough in other sub-par brands are hard to chew and un-enjoyable. Homemade Brand has it right with delicious cookie dough pieces and just enough chocolate chips!

3. Peanut Butter & Chip (no nickname for this one)- Who likes Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and ice cream? BAM! Dreams coming true! Honestly, you really cannot go wrong with this combo.

I swear by the Homemade Brand! Unfortunately Homemade brand ice cream is not found in every state! (My sisters are fully aware of that!)

1 comments:

Tsunami said...

You mean DELIC (ous)

It's actually pronounced TRIP SEA DEE, since CEE can be mistaken for "chay" - and no one wants TRIP CHAY DEE, cus then they might think it's TRIP CHAY DAY and when you say that fast you've got a West Virginian trying to say "I tripped you today" (turrrripCHAYDAY!)

Moving on, everyone seems to fall in love with local ice cream - I was betrothed to Honey Hut Ice Cream from an early age and I've still never had better. I'll have to try HOMEMADE sometime.

MCC, not to be confused with MCH (Can't touch this!) is the pursuit of ice cream perfection - but lately I am a big fan of Chocolate Rasberry or Black Cherry - they have it at Ritters and Graters - it's really good.

Post a Comment